There are many online shops nowadays. It’s a quicker way to advertise your products, and attract customers to buy your products. It’s also much cheaper to establish an online store than having a physical store because you don’t have to pay for rent and hire people to help you man the store.
Keeping an online shop can give your more advantage such as the following:
- It is more convenient for the buyer, since they can stay inside the comfort of their homes to shop online.
- Better deals when it comes to products. Items from online shops are sometimes much lower than those that are being sold at department stores. You can even get better discounts when you shop online.
- There are several products that you can choose from. You can even request for a certain color or size, if you want to.
- You can purchase products discreetly.
- You will be able to send your purchased item as gifts to your loved ones.
- It helps to keep you from buying things on impulse.
All you need to do is find the web hosting service that can help you set up your online store. Before you know it, your products will be selling like hotcakes.
All About Shopping Carts
When you hear the word shopping cart, what you think of is the bulky metallic basket with wheels that you push around and help to carry your grocery items as you shop around. Online shops have virtual shopping carts, which lets you save the product they want while the shop around, until the time they are ready to pay for all of them.
The shopping cart have two parts:
- Storefront – this is the part of the online store that the customers access to shop online. It contains the catalog the checkout page, best sellers and search page.
- Administration area – this is the area which is visible to the store owner. This is where they control what is seen by the customers at the storefront. From here, they can add product or edit the prices. This can either be web-based or desktop-based.
Shopping Cart Solutions By iPage
iPage made it easier for their customers to set up their own online shop. Their e-commerce feature is more reliable and secure. Not only that, you have the freedom to choose which shopping cart solution you want to use with your online shop.iPage offers a free shopping cart for their subscriber, which is ShopSite Shopping Cart.
This shopping cart software comes free with your iPage subscription. ShopSite will help you to create your catalog, promote your products, and process your orders securely. It has an easy and intuitive user interface, and can be set up in minutes. ShopSite can accept several payment options such as credit card, PayPal and Google Checkout. You can also upgrade your ShopSite to ShopSite Manager and ShopSite Pro.
These services give you additional feature that you may need on your online shop. Other shopping cart software that you can install on your site are:
- Tomato Cart
- SEO Toaster
You can choose the right shopping cart that your online shop needs. All you have to do is go to the control panel from your iPage account and click on SimpleScripts to choose and install the shopping cart application that you want. Your desired shopping cart software will be installed in no time.
A Safe And Secure Online Shopping
Security is very important, especially to businesses. You can make your online shop more secure by adding an SSL certificate on your site. This keeps your site from being hacked and protects sensitive information, such as account number, credit card information and phone number.
It is a must that you have this on your site. You can opt for QuickSSL Premium for a more secure website.