The internet is actually a good place to start a business. Your expenses in publishing an online store are far less than what you’ll spend in putting up a local store in your place.
All you need is a stable internet connection, a reliable web hosting provider and enough capital to back it all up. You can have your online store up and running in less than a month, and you can start selling products to various customers with minimal to zero supervision. To do this, you will need certain tools designed for e-commerce.
Making Money with E-Commerce
The hardest type of website to develop and maintain is an e-commerce site. Considering the fact that they are specifically intended to delight customers, e-commerce sites have higher standards and demands than ordinary websites. There’s just no room for error lest you end up losing customers in the long run.
Unlike simple websites like blog sites or personal websites which only require simple HTML elements, an e-commerce site requires sophisticated systems and applications for their customers.
You need more than the basic contents a website and must install other applications or scripts like shopping carts, online payment processors and more. Some of these tools still need to be purchased from authorized merchant solutions provider just to have them work on your site.This is not a problem for iPage users since they can enjoy these services through the help of their web host.
The iPage Hosting Experience
iPage is the epitome of excellent web hosting service at its most reasonable price. You can sign up with their hosting service for a price that is less than $2 a month. That’s way lower than any web hosting price you’ll see in the market.
For this very low cost, you’ll get all the basic services you’ll need to start your own site including:
- Unlimited storage space and bandwidth
- A free domain
- Unlimited MySQL databases and email accounts
- An integrated site builder, applications installer
- A number of add-on services to spice up your website
- For e-commerce site owners, they’ll also enjoy some e-commerce tools exclusive only to iPage hosting
E-Commerce Tools on iPage
iPage lets you easily add essential e-commerce tools and services on your website when the need arises. Some of them are free, while others must be purchased as they are provided by reputable merchant solutions providers. These tools can be installed in just one click using iPage’s quick-install service and will take only a few minutes.
Here’s a list of some of the most commonly used e-commerce tools on iPage:
- Shopping Carts – Online shopping is made easy and simple with shopping cart applications. It arranges all your products in a catalog and allows online shoppers to purchase them with just one click on the “Add to Cart” button. Should they change their mind, they can easily remove any product on the cart and continue shopping.Once they are done shopping, all they need to do is click the “Check-out” button and proceed to the billing page to pay for their merchandise. It makes online shopping much easier with simple clicks on a mouse doing all the shopping for you. iPage lets you choose from various shopping cart applications like OpenCart and ZenCart. You can easily install them from your vDeck Control Panel under the E-Commerce header. Just click on the icon of the shopping cart you want to use and iPage will guide you through the whole installation process.
- Credit Card Processing – Online shopping cannot be completed unless the payment is also processed online. Credit card paymentis the most common mode of online payment so it’s crucial to havecredit card processing applications on your website. These tools require more advanced systems considering the amount of security needed to protect credit card information shared on your website. Hence, you must only trust the services of reputable merchant solutions provider. iPage worked in partnership with PayPal and AcceptSafe, some of the most trusted names in online payment solutions, to provide you and your site with this important capability. You can purchase their services through iPage and they will take care of the whole installation and configuration process. You can check out iPage’s official site for more information about credit card processing and other relevant e-commerce tools you can use.