Yes, you can. Remember that iPage’s User Agreement allows you to cancel your web hosting plan at any given time under its money-back guarantee policy. This is part of its business principles of allowing its customers the liberty to choose and decide, instead of locking them up grudgingly in a service contract with no way out.
Just give iPage a prior written notice to cancel for at least 30 days. Then your money for the rest of the unutilized period of your service contract will be given back to you, subject to an early cancellation charge of $35, if applicable. If your cancellation is done within the first 30 days of your service contract, iPage will return back to you the full amount of the hosting fee, with no questions asked.
If you purchased additional services, it will be deducted, if it has remained unpaid. Also, your fee for one domain registration will also be deducted. Though it is initially given for free, remember that maintaining it entails additional expenses for iPage. However, if you will abandon it, iPage will no longer charge you for it and they will get to own it.
A hard decision to make
Switching to another web host provider will really be a hard decision to make. Note that iPage is popularly known for its quality service. It also offers a lower and affordable service rate as compared to others, with lots of freebies and web applications to choose from.
As such, you may want to get in touch first with their 24/7 customer assistance center before making this hard decision of transferring to another web host provider.
Actual switch to another web host provider
If you have already made up your mind to transfer to another web host provider, be informed though that completing the process could take up to several days. Plus, you have to make sure that your domain name has not yet expired, or is not about to expire within 10 days.
Otherwise, you have got to renew its registration for another 60 days before you can initiate a transfer. Check also if it might be under registry lock and covered by a Domain Privacy application.
At any rate, you can always ask for help from iPage customer assistance center. They would still gladly lend you a hand in preparing your website for the actual transfer.
Transferring your domain name away from iPage
Read thoroughly the following procedures for the transfer of your domain name away from iPage:
- Unlock your domain name. Go to the DomainCentral menu of your control panel.
- When you see the list of domain names, click the ‘+’ item next to the domain name you want to transfer.
- Then open the ‘domain lock’ item to be able to click the ‘unlock domain’ item. Once done, a message will be displayed confirming your action.
- Disable the domain privacy application of your domain name. Just click the ‘disable domain privacy’ bar under the ‘security’ menu. Once done, a message will be displayed confirming your action.
- Ensure valid access to the domain name’s email address on record. Click the ‘contact’ menu of the domain name that you want to transfer. View the details of contact information therein and make sure it is valid and active. After editing it, click on the ‘save’ item.
- Request iPage for its authorization code for domain transfer. Open the ‘transfer’ menu of the domain name that you want to transfer.
- Click the ‘send auth-info code’ item. iPage will then send it to the email address earlier mentioned.
- Finally, you can call your new domain registrar to start the transfer of the domain name to them.
- Posted by Ryan Moon
- 0 Comments