WordPress turned out to be a breakthrough in the world of blogging. Just when we thought blogging went down with huge social networking sites emerging these days, WordPress attracted a new breed of blogging aficionados to bring back the blogging fever again. In web hosting, WordPress-support is one of the features that users look for when scouting for web hosts.
WordPress Blogging Platform
When it comes to blogging, the number one option used to be Blogger. Today, WordPress has dominated the blogging industry and thousands of users have already switched to this new blogging software.
WordPress is innovative and provided users with fresh blogging experiences.It also excels when it comes to template designs where users are given a wider array of theme options to choose from. WordPress gave a more professional touch to blogging. WordPress used to be a simple blogging platform when it was started by a community of developers who looked for ways to simplify the process of setting up blogs.
Since then, WordPress evolved into a complete CMS (Content Management System) where users are allowed to access more advanced functions. Written from PHP and MySQL, this software can create dynamic websites with rich contents. Other key features of WordPress are as follows:
- No need for rebuilding – when editing templates or entries, the changes are immediately reflected on the site. No need for downtime or static pages.
- Password-protection for posts – create private posts and control access to certain posts using password protection.
- Multiple authors – its user system can accommodate up to 10 levels of different users with varying levels of privileges.
- Spam protection – WordPress deals with the most common problems of blog sites. It features an integrated blacklist and has additional plugins to eliminate spam comments on your WordPress site.
To learn more about WordPress’ features, visit their official site at www.wordpress.org.
iPage Web Hosting Services
iPage is the epitome of excellent web hosting service at its most reasonable price. You can sign up with their hosting service for a price that is less than $2 a month. That’s way lower than any web hosting price you’ll see in the market. For this very low cost, you’ll get all the basic services you’ll need to start your own site including:
- unlimited storage space and bandwidth
- a free domain
- unlimited MySQL databases and email accounts
- an integrated site builder
- a number of add-on services to spice up your website
iPage also features an application installer called Simple Scripts. Using this clever tool, you can instantly add applications and scripts on your website, including the WordPress blogging software.
How to Install WordPress on iPage
Follow these easy steps so you can already start using WordPress on your new iPage hosting account:
- Log in to your iPage hosting account.
- On your vDeck control panel, look for the WordPress icon found under the “Website” header and open it. This will lead you to another page.
- On the next page, you’ll see relevant information about WordPress and some external links. Scroll down until you find the “Install” button and click on it. This will open another page.
- On the next page, you will see all the installation preferences for WordPress. First you need to select the version of WordPress you want to use (in case you are more comfortable with the older versions). Next, enter the URL of the directory where WordPress files will be installed. This is the link you’ll use to open the WordPress page on your site. Under the Advanced Options panel, enter a name for your WordPress site and the necessary information for your Admin account. Next, select the theme you want to use or purchase premium templates if you want. You can also add plugins for WordPress here. Finally, click the “I have read the terms and conditions…” button and click the “Complete” button. The whole installation process may take a few minutes.
- Once done, you will see a prompt saying that the installation is completed. Use the URL provided to access WordPress. You will also receive an email regarding the installation.
- Posted by Ryan Moon
- 0 Comments