If you want a good number of regular visits on your website, you might want to add forums on it. Most people love to exchange ideas or opinions on relevant issues, and the best way to facilitate them is through a forum site.It might be harder to maintain but it’s totally worth the site traffic you’ll get.
Forum Pros and Cons
Forum sites are one of the most frequently visited types of websites. This is because once you get enough forum members, the site will continuously expand with least effort on your part. Forum users will be the one to invite other people and promote your website.
The contents of a forum site are also constantly updated because users themselves are the ones creating the posts and publishing their own works.This is why forum sites are good for earning money online.
The hard thing with forum sites is web development and maintenance. Without modern forum applications today, you won’t be able to publish a forum site without going through the grueling task of web programming. It requires more than basic HTML programming since all forum sites need database interaction, one of the hardest tasks in web development.
Once you get your forum site working, you still need to keep a keen watch on it and perform regular site maintenance to protect your database. Forum sites invite a lot of online attackers who look for vulnerabilities in your system. Today, you can install forum sites in a jiffy and site maintenance can be regularly and automatically performed with the right configurations.
iPage Web Hosting
iPage is the epitome of excellent web hosting service at its most reasonable price. You can sign up with their hosting service for a price that is less than $2 a month. That’s way lower than any web hosting price you’ll see in the market.
For this very low cost, you’ll get all the basic services you’ll need to start your own site including:
- Unlimited storage space and bandwidth
- A free domain
- Unlimited MySQL databases and email accounts
- An integrated site builder
- A number of add-on services to spice up your website
You may also add to your iPage-hosted sites several applications and scripts including forum applications using a handy tool called Simple Scripts.
Forum Applications on iPage
iPage lets you choose from various forum applications to add to your site. These are:
- Simple Machines Forum
- Vanilla Forums
They have different features and designs so try them all out before deciding which one to use on your website.
How to Install Forum Applications
To install forum applications, you will need iPage’s one-click installer called Simple Scripts. You can find it in your iPage vDeck control panel. To start the installation, just follow these simple steps:
- Log in to your iPage hosting account.
- On your vDeck control panel, look for the “Simple Scripts” header. You will be redirected to a page, click “One Click Installs” button.
- Look for the Forums applications list. You will see a list of forums installer. Click the software you want to use on your website.
- On the next page, you’ll see relevant information about the forum application you selected and some external links. You can find the “Install” button at the upper right side of the information and click on it. This will open another page.
- On the next page, you will see all the installation preferences for your selected Forum. Select the version you want to use, if any, and enter the URL of the directory where you want to install the Forum site. It is a link associated to your domain name used to access your forum site (example: www.yourdomain.com/forum).Enter the name of your forum site and other necessary details.
- Read the Terms and Conditions for the installation, click the “Yes, I have read…” checkbox and then the “Complete” button. Wait for the installation to finish.
- Posted by Ryan Moon
- 0 Comments